In this article, we have reviewed the 10 Best Athletic Shoes for Wide Feet in 2022 with a detailed buyer’s guide to help you choose the best pair of shoes available in the market.
Shoes are always the most important part of any sport. An athlete with a perfect-fit pair of shoes will be able to perform way better than the athlete with normal shoes.
It doesn’t matter if you are into any sports or just love running and working out to stay physically fit, getting the most comfortable and breathy pair of shoes is very important.
However, it becomes very difficult to get the best athletic shoes for wide feet as there aren’t many available that fit this specific criterion. There is a wide range of shoes that are available and all you need to do is just know where to look.
These shoes are available in a variety of designs, styles, color options, features, and according to foot type.
In this review article, we have handpicked 10 of the best shoes that you can buy and you will not need to invest hours in searching all by yourself. Also, you must not hesitate to invest in a good quality pair as it will be able to provide you the utmost comfort that you need while running or working out.
Now, without any further delay, let’s directly dive deep into the detailed review. In the latter part, we will also provide you our recommendations so that you can have an even better idea.
10 Best Athletic Shoes for Wide Feet in 2022:
|Mizuno Wave Rider 21||4.7/5|
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19||4.5/5|
|Nike Air Zoom Structure 21||4.4/5|
|Adidas UltraBoost ATR||4.2/5|
|Under Armour Charged Bandit 3||4.5/5|
|ASICS Gel Kayano 25||4.9/5|
|Nike Pegasus 35||4.6/5|
|Saucony Cohesion 11||4.8/5|
|Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17||4.5/5|
|ASICS Gel Cumulus 20||4.2/5|
After getting a better idea of why these shoes are important, it’s time to get into a detailed review with pros and cons that will actually be helpful in deciding on a pair to get. These shoes come in a variety of designs and styles that you can get to match your style.
Not only on the design front, but these shoes are also very feature-rich and you will also not need to spend heavy chunks of money on them.
1. Mizuno Wave Rider 21
This pair of shoes is available in 2-width sizes, medium and wide. As the construction is pretty sturdy and extremely durable materials are used, these shoes tend to adapt to the shape of your feet very easily.
Mizuno has a wide range of quality shoes and these are one of their best. If you are looking for shoes for your wide feet, this pair can easily be the one. The primary feature of these shoes is their midsole material, i.e., U4ic.
This material is used widely to manufacture premium products by also keeping them light-weighted. There are various color options available and you will be able to get the one that fits perfectly with your style.
These shoes also come with a very good shock absorption technique and will also provide an extra sock lining to give your feet more stability. The material that is used in the heel wedge is capable of providing you with an extremely comfortable ride with the help of Cloudwave Layer tech.
The only thing that will bother a lot of people in these shoes is the narrow toe section. However, it can be resolved by opting for a size bigger than yours.
- This Mizuno pair of shoes are constructed of very high-quality materials that will actually last much longer and will require much lower maintenance.
- Though there is a lot of cushioning used in these shoes in the form of various types of foams, the weight of these shoes is actually very light.
- The sock liner used in these shoes will be of very premium quality and you will get a very comfortable experience.
- The midsole that is provided on these shoes comes with a very responsive and shock-absorbing technique.
- The upper of these shoes are constructed in a mesh design that provides very good ventilation and sweat absorption.
- When you have just started using these shoes, the toe-box will be a lot narrower and it will take a bit time to get your foot shape.
- The color options that are provided by Mizuno can be improved as they are quite dull and boring.
2. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19
This pair of shoes is available in multiple widths and you will be able to get from Medium to Extra Wide. These shoes are considered best for people who have overpronation, which is severely flat feet.
These people will need shoes that are capable of providing them with stability and they will be able to run in a very safe manner. When you are in the market looking for a pair of shoes that have wider construction, you will also need to look for other features as well. Brooks is known for its top-notch quality and you will be able to make them last much longer with just a little care.
There are various features that are present in these shoes that will enhance the experience and will give you the utmost comfortable experience. You will also get an inner sleeve in these shoes that will allow them to handle moisture in a much better way.
The primary reason for adding this pair to the list of best athletic shoes for wide feet is its gripping capabilities on all types of terrains. Putting all the features in perspective, this pair is actually the best available you can buy right now.
- These shoes will be the best choice for people who have overpronation and you will be able to find it very relaxing and comforting while running.
- As these shoes provide you with a good ventilation system, you can easily wear them for long hours without any itchiness or odor. You won’t feel any irritation at all.
- This pair of shoes is also a very good option in terms of stability and balance. Not only this, but you will also be able to get a very good grip on all types of terrains.
- The outer sole on these shoes is made up of reinforced rubber. This rubber is completely resistant to any kind of abrasion.
- For added flexibility on the toe section, you will get a material called Flextra. It will provide you with a good range of flexibility to easily move around.
- Though the brand claims to use top-notch material, these shoes aren’t very durable if you are going to wear them on a daily basis.
- The material used in the construction of the upper looks and feels very cheap and nowhere near the price.
3. Nike Air Zoom Structure 21
Just like the above ones, these Nike ones also come in various sizes, from Medium to Extra Wide. These shoes are the ones that will significantly help you in minimizing the negatives of overpronation. The midsole that is present in these shoes will provide you with a double cushioning that will also be a very good shock absorption feature.
If you are into long runs like marathons, there will be crash pads present in the heel area that will be able to mitigate the force in an even manner. The outsole on these shoes is made up of hard carbon that will be significantly helpful in providing you with sufficient traction in all types of terrains and surfaces.
There will also be a few air pockets present on these shoes and it will be useful in giving you a bouncy feel. The airy design of these shoes will be useful in keeping away all the itchiness and irritation that you may experience by wearing them for long hours.
- If you have flat and wide feet, you will be able to get a very stable and grippy performance. The proper cushioning will provide you a memory feature that will help the shoe in getting into the shape of your feet.
- These shoes are also very suitable for long runs as they will give you the proper room to move your toes comfortably.
- It doesn’t matter if you are going to run on a wet or dry surface, these shoes will give you a perfect grip to walk or run.
- The color options and the design of these shoes will be able to give you a perfect match for your style.
- The extra-wide size of these shoes will be able to give you a good option to get one for you as there aren’t many options available.
- The padding material that is used in the ankle section of these shoes can turn out to be itchy sometimes and it will be a bummer if you wore these on long runs.
- These shoes will take some time to break in. It means that the shoe will take some time to adapt to your foot shape.
4. Adidas UltraBoost ATR
This shoe from Adidas comes in only the Medium width but you will be able to get it perfectly right just by going up by half a point of your size. There are various reasons why we have added this one to the list despite not coming with EE or D sizes.
Adidas is known for its quality sports equipment and they use a number of in-house technologies that provide the customers with a range of options and features that just makes the experience quite comfortable.
When it comes to comfort, this pair goes straight to the top in the list of best athletic shoes for wide feet, all thanks to the Boost Technology used to make the midsole the plushest.
This technology makes Adidas UltraBoost ATR the one with an extremely lightweight design and softness. The PrimeKnit Fabric used by the brand on the upper of this shoe will provide flexibility and will also make these shoes properly ventilated.
The design of these shoes is also pretty modern and you will be able to keep it styled with your outfit.
- The USP of these shoes is the amount of comfort these has to offer. This pair of shoes can easily be the most comfortable in the segment.
- If you want a pair that you can style with your casual wear, these are the perfect options that you can get.
- The midsole is designed in such a way that it creates a very rich and enhances responsive and bouncy feel.
- The outer sole of these shoes is also a very durable one. With the use of high-quality materials and the brand’s in-house tech, you will be able to make them last much longer with minimal maintenance.
- The balance and stability provided to you by these shoes are exceptionally good and you will get a very good grip on all types of terrain.
- These shoes come at premium pricing and so, not everyone will be able to afford them quite easily.
- You will not get multiple sizes in this product but you can make it work by getting a half-size bigger.
5. Under Armour Charged Bandit 3
These shoes come in different sizes and you will be able to get medium and extra-wide. This pair will also come with a heel height of 8 mm that will allow you to run comfortably on any surface and you will also be able to wear it for much longer without any irritation or itchiness.
The cushioning provided on these shoes will be very good and you will be able to get good stability whether it’s a long run or short run. The foam quality is also very premium and the materials are used in such a way that it is soft and plush on the forefoot and firm in the heel area.
Under Armour is also known for its premium build where you will be able to get top-notch quality, at not a premium price. The upper of this pair of shoes is made of a fabric that is capable of providing enough ventilation.
- The upper construction of these shoes is very flexible and you will be able to get a very airy feel on wearing them.
- The foam technology used in these shoes is called Charged Cushioning. It is highly effective and you will be able to get a good amount of comfort.
- The shock absorption method used in these shoes is also very effective and you will be able to not feel any jerk while running. These shoes can also be a very good option for Plantar Fasciitis patients.
- The shoes are also very modern in terms of design where you will be able to style it with your casual wear.
- Though the company claims that these shoes are suitable for all surfaces but we will not recommend you to wear them on wet surfaces.
- These shoes are also not very suitable for long runs. If you are going to wear them on a daily basis, they will start getting damaged very easily.
6. ASICS Gel Kayano 25
The dual-density gel is used in the construction of the midsole and it will allow you to get good stability and grip while working. The shock absorption that you will get on these shoes is also pretty good and it will distribute the impact evenly on each foot.
The transitions that you will get on these shoes will also be very smooth, thanks to the responsive and extremely balanced sole.
There is also an additional cushioning on the outer sole in the form of DuraSponge rubber and it will also give extra shock absorption. If you are in the market to get one of the best athletic shoes for wide feet, this will be a very good option that you can buy.
The overall quality and the materials used in these shoes are also pretty sturdy and premium which will make these shoes much more durable as well.
- When it comes to running shoes, these are the best ones that you can buy with good roundness and durable quality.
- The shock absorption that is provided on these shoes is said to be very effective and efficient.
- The overpronation from which you are going through will also be much reduced and you will get to maintain a good posture while running.
- The shoes are also available in various color options and you will be able to get the shoe matched with your style.
- When it is compared to other shoes that are available in the same price segment, it’s a bit heavier and you will feel the weight while running.
- The cushion that is provided on the collars of the shoe will make you feel uncomfortable wearing it for long hours.
7. Nike Pegasus 35
These are the shoes that are available in 4 different sizes, from Narrow to Extra Wide. as there were a lot of runners and athletes who complained about the narrow construction of Nike shoes. Well, this one is definitely an exception and you will be able to wear it very easily if you have any kind of pronation.
Along with keeping the foot in a comfortable situation, the Nike Pegasus 35 also provides enough room to wiggle the feet. The style and design of these shoes are also pretty modern and you will be able to pair them up with any casual wear.
These shoes can go straight to the top in this list of best athletic shoes for wide feet in terms of performance including the grip and cushioning it has to offer.
- These shoes are completely on point when it comes to getting the amount of cushioning needed and how firm they should be.
- The grip provided by the outsole’s pentagonal lugs is also very good and you will be able to run on any surface.
- The shoes also come with good shock absorption and they will distribute the weight in a very even manner.
- The upper of these shoes is also a very breathable mesh that has the ability to provide you with proper ventilation.
- These shoes are on a bit heavier side when compared to those available in the segment.
- The pricing is also on the premium side.
8. Saucony Cohesion 11
Though the shoes are only available in two sizes, Medium and Wide, these can be a very good option for those who are in search of an affordable pair of shoes for their running or working out.
The shoes come with construction and build with a range of premium materials and these materials will make these shoes last longer than expected.
The outsole will give you the ability to walk/run on any surface you like and the grip provided to you by these shoes will be the same throughout.
Also, it’s made of hardened rubber that is also ideal for giving you the flexibility and agility that you need.
- The innersole of these shoes will take the shape of your feet without demanding much break-in period, all thanks to the React2U memory foam.
- If you are a heavy runner yourself, these shoes can be the best choice for you as you will be able to get the utmost level of comfort and stability.
- The pricing of this pair is also pretty attractive in terms of the features it has to offer and anyone will be able to afford them very easily.
- In comparison to the competitors, these shoes are also pretty lightweight.
- The color options available for this pair are very limited and all the color schemes are pretty boring and dull, too.
- If you have a low or high arch, these may not be very good/practical for you.
9. Brooks Women’s Glycerin 17
When it comes to getting one of the best athletic shoes for wide feet, Brooks has a lot of options to offer. These shoes are designed for women and you will be able to get it in 2 sizes, medium and wide. The shoes run in the perfect size, so you don’t have to worry about placing the order by adding or subtracting shoe size.
Though these are designed especially for women, men with not-so-wide feet can also wear them very comfortably. The cushioning used in these shoes turns out to be the best when it comes to using them for longer runs.
The OrthoLite sock liner used in these shoes will add comfort level and you will not have to face any irritation or itching.
- These shoes are capable of offering you the best of both worlds. You will get the utmost level of comfort, as well as responsiveness.
- If you are planning to get a pair for your daily use, these can be very good options.
- The upper of these shoes is quite stretchable and flexible and you will be able to wear it for long hours.
- The materials used in these shoes are also environment-friendly and this is one of the very few to offer this.
- If you are in search of a shoe that can be a bit stiff, these are not the ones.
10. ASICS Gel Cumulus 20
These are the ones that are available in two sizes, medium and wide. The FlyteFoam cushioning that is used on these shoes offers a lot of comfort and your foot shape will be adapted pretty easily.
The wide size of these shoes will give you an ample amount of space to move your feet and you will not feel any discomfort or irritation. The brand also uses its proprietary FluidRide which is a combination of two compounds, spEVA, and Solyte, which will actually be very helpful in giving you a smooth and stable ride.
It’s the primary reason for its addition to the list of the best athletic shoes for wide feet. Here are some pros and cons.
- The USP of these shoes is the soft and comfortable midsole that plays a significant role in giving you a stable ride.
- If you are going to run in marathons or long runs, these are the ideal shoes for you.
- The in-house AHAR technology used in these shoes offers a very good build and it will also make them last longer.
- The break-in period is also way lesser and you can make the shoes adapt to your feet within 2 hours.
- The midsole in these shoes will easily get dirty if you are not giving them proper maintenance.
Factors to Look For Before Buying the Best Athletic Shoes for Wide Feet:
When it comes to getting a perfect-fit pair of shoes, you just can’t go by searching for the best shoes available. You will need to do proper research and then find the one that is best for you.
There are various factors that play significant roles in giving you the comfort that you need and it’s very important to know those factors before stepping out in the market to get a pair for yourself. This buyer guide will help you a lot in making a better decision.
Each pair of shoes that is coming from any brand will come in different widths. You will need to look closely at the measurements and then get one that comes close to your size.
The width is mentioned in block letters and it ranges from Medium size, which will be denoted by the alphabet D, and will go up to Extra-Wide, denoted by the alphabet EE.
This is a very important point/factor to look at. When you are getting a pair of shoes for yourself, it’s very important that it fits you perfectly. You can have a better idea by knowing the fact that the shoes which give a perfect fit will provide you with extra space of at least ¼ of an inch in the toe area.
Another factor that carries huge significance is the depth of the shoe. When it comes to getting a shoe that is for the wider feet size, it doesn’t mean that the show will have a bigger girth. A pair of shoes that will come with a better depth will be able to solve the issue of your foot getting cramped.
Wide Toe Area
One thing that you should also look for before buying a pair is that it can provide you with a better toe width. This is one of the biggest problems faced by people having wide feet is the small toe box provided by these shoes.
It ends up bruising the toes and you will also not be able to walk or run comfortably and you can’t wear it for a longer period of time.
Stability and Grip
Another factor that you need to look for is the grip and stability that it provides your feet. If the shoe suits your need for being wide but lacks support, it will lead to different injuries.
To get you comfortably through running or working out, your body needs to be in perfect alignment and if your feet aren’t getting the arch support they need, your body won’t be able to give its best.
It’s the quality we look out particularly in the best athletic shoes for wide feet because being a bit wider, it may lack the support.
If you are going to wear them on a daily basis, you will need these shoes to be light-weighted. The shoes also need to be flexible so they can easily adapt to the shape of your feet and provide you with the best grip.
Get The Best!
When you have finally decided to get a pair of shoes for running or working-out purposes, it’s very important that you get the best you can find. It can also be a lot hectic and tiring to research and you may not be able to decide as there will be various options.
In this review, we have provided you with a range of options and if you are still unable to decide, we are recommending you 2 of them to give you further clarity. The first one is the ASICS Gel Kayano 25. The reason for its addition is the number of features that you are getting on this one. The materials used in this one turn out to be extremely durable and premium.
The second one you can get is Saucony Cohesion 11 and its USP is the footbed that it provides. It’s made out of the best quality memory foam and will get the shape of your feet very easily.
Both of these pairs are considered best-in-class and you will not be able to complain about anything even after long use. These are tried and tested and are then added to this list of some best athletic shoes for wide feet.
Some FAQs for further clarity…
How much wide the shoe should be?
There are not any fixed measurements on how wide it should be but you can get a better idea by wearing it. If it’s able to provide enough room for your toes to move, it’s a good fit.
Are the shoes different for men and women?
The foot shape of men and women is different where the width of women’s feet is narrower. The shoes for women will give them a snug fit in comparison to if they wear men’s.
How to take care of my shoes in the best way?
One thing that is almost everyone’s habit is to leave the socks in the shoes after use. It restricts them from getting dry and will create a lot of damage in the long run.
People Also Read:
Best Running Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Best Walking Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet
Best Running Shoes for Wide Feet